It is not that easy to find the very best personal injury lawyer to represent you and to obtain a very high compensation for you. The truth is that you cannot simply go to the very first specialist you find. You need to locate the very best 24/7 personal injury lawyer you can. This will create a huge difference when it comes to dealing with insurance companies and getting you the help, you need.
The good news is the best personal injury attorneys will never charge you for the initial consultation. This means you can arrange a meeting with them and ask all the questions you might have. Make sure to do so and be particularly attentive when it comes to analyzing the following vital factors that dictate that you are working with the best possible attorney.
You will talk to the lawyer so you can highlight case details. This is completely normal. However, after discussing your case, you need to find out some things from the personal injury attorney. Some of the main questions you need to ask are:
- For how long have you been practicing personal injury law?
- How many of the cases you handle are similar to mine?
- Do you often represent defendants or plaintiffs? You need to ask this question since you do not want to end up being represented by an attorney that only has experience with helping defendants. We say this as the way in which they think will be very close to the attitude of the insurance company. Such personal injury attorneys rarely fight hard for their client, even if they do not realize that this is what they do.
- Will you personally handle the case? This is important because some personal injury attorneys will pass along cases to others inside the law firm. It is also quite normal to have several attorneys in a law firm work on a single case. The less experienced lawyers are the ones that will handle the more routine tasks. You thus need to know who will be responsible for your case.
After discussing case facts and settlement negotiations history with the considered attorney, you most likely are a lot closer to figuring out the value of the personal injury case. The attorney should be pretty honest with this and should never offer anything that is way too much or way too little. In addition, the considered attorney should always be honest about how difficult it will be to get a compensation from an insurance company. The lawyer will then need to listen to you and what you want to do. You will most likely have the following three options:
- Get a specific settlement amount with little hassle and few costs.
- Get a higher amount than the offer of the insurance company.
- Obtain the highest possible amount, regardless of what this means.
When you are confident that the personal injury attorney is experienced and you are comfortable with the steps that will be taken, there is a huge possibility you just found someone who will give you exactly what you want and who will work really hard for you.